noun (plural berceuses pronunc. same)
- A lullaby.More example sentences
- A few days ago a purple-green moon came out over the bluish mist of the Sierra Nevada and in front of my door a woman sang a berceuse that was like a golden streamer entangling the whole countryside.
- He also sang a Berceuse by Bonacorsi and, in Italian, Manons Reve.
- Surveys have demonstrated that playing soft music - particularly Mozart, singing a berceuse or having the steady musical rhythm of 'white noise' like a vacuity cleansing agent can halt a baby's teardrops.
French, from bercer 'to rock'.
More definitions of berceuseDefinition of berceuse in:
- The US English dictionary