- Any of a class of drugs which prevent the stimulation of the adrenergic receptors responsible for increased cardiac action, used to control heart rhythm, treat angina, and reduce high blood pressure.More example sentences
- These patients should be treated with a beta blocker or class I antiarrhythmic drug.
- A. Metoprolol is a beta blocker that helps prevent the heart from overworking.
- Like most of my patients with those three problems, I gave myself two diabetes medications, a blood pressure drug, a beta blocker so my doctors would be meeting the standard of care for a heart patient, and a statin.
More definitions of beta blockerDefinition of beta blocker in:
- The US English dictionary