- Radioactive decay in which an electron is emitted.More example sentences
- Some atoms can undergo radioactive beta decay, in which a neutron decays into a proton, an electron and an electron-antineutrino via the weak nuclear force.
- There are various mechanisms and forms of beta decay (e.g., negative beta decay, neutron beta decay, double beta decay, inverse beta decay, etc.).
- Physicists originally had a lot of trouble reconciling relativistic quantum field theory with the weak interaction that is responsible, for example, for what is called beta decay of neutron into proton, electron and neutrino.
More definitions of beta decayDefinition of beta decay in:
- The US English dictionary