Definition of beta test in English:
A trial of machinery, software or other products in the final stages of development, carried out by a party unconnected with the development process.
- Here are a few tips for running a beta test of a software product intended for large audiences - what I call ‘shrinkwrap’.
- The claim was made as Apple made the latest beta test build available to software authors.
- This could be a function of the beta test, if Google is using a limited number of servers to process mail.
verbBack to top
(beta-test) [with object] Subject (a product) to a beta test: the system was still being beta-tested for practical music applications
More example sentences
- At the Blues Traveler mixdown, Dearnley was beta-testing DMOD software to upload high-quality, encrypted mixes to the Internet.
- With a $500 price tag and targeted towards the server market you wouldn't expect to be bug-hunting or rather beta-testing your new motherboard would you?
- The company is beta-testing a new blogging tool called Yahoo!
Definition of beta test in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan