- An apparatus for accelerating electrons in a circular path by magnetic induction.More example sentences
- In August 1948, the American Military Government in Germany denied a request by scientists in Göttingen to have Siemens & Halske (now Siemens) build a 30MeV betatron.
- Chicago's west side VA was still running an Allis Chalmers betatron for radiation therapy 20 years after the unit was obsolete.
- This enables to use betatrons for control of large-size luggage on presence of fissile materials.
More definitions of betatronDefinition of betatron in:
- The US English dictionary