Definition of betcha in English:
Bet you (used to express confidence or certainty that something is the case or will happen): betcha can’t leave without at least one home-made goody from the bakery counter I betcha 98% of Americans wouldn’t know who he is
More example sentences
- But when I get asked about local artists of the 60s, or how to apply for film grants, or Roman archaeological finds in Great Britain: You betcha!
- In other sports news (and betcha didn't know neo-cons did sports commentary, eh?)
- When the results came out, every pregnant mouse that had ever consumed the equivalent of 266,000 times as many apples as the average pre-schooler was thinking twice about it, you betcha.
- informal Used to express certainty or as a strongly positive response: Had she pictured herself in a Broadway role? You betcha ‘You have everything under control?’ ‘You betcha!’More example sentences
- I'm going to make a big ol' bowl of popcorn for that show, you betcha.
- Will tonight's debate matter? You betcha.
- Pet peeve of mine, you betcha!
Definition of betcha in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.