Definition of betcha in English:
Bet you (used to express confidence or certainty that something is the case or will happen): betcha can’t leave without at least one home-made goody from the bakery counter I betcha 98% of Americans wouldn’t know who he is
More example sentences
- But when I get asked about local artists of the 60s, or how to apply for film grants, or Roman archaeological finds in Great Britain: You betcha!
- In other sports news (and betcha didn't know neo-cons did sports commentary, eh?)
- When the results came out, every pregnant mouse that had ever consumed the equivalent of 266,000 times as many apples as the average pre-schooler was thinking twice about it, you betcha.
- Used to express certainty or as a strongly positive response: Had she pictured herself in a Broadway role? You betcha ‘You have everything under control?’ ‘You betcha!’More example sentences
- That merited a high-five, you betcha.
- You betcha this Minnesota guy was willing to be interviewed!
- Anyhow, she was intelligent too, you betcha, the smartest kitty cat I've ever known.
Definition of betcha in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan