verb (past and past participle bethought /-ˈθɔːt/)(bethink oneself) • formal or • archaic
- Come to think: he bethought himself of the verse from the Book of ProverbsMore example sentences
- Verily, many of them once lifted their legs like the dancer; to them winked the laughter of my wisdom: - then did they bethink themselves.
- I know not whether these ancestors of mine bethought themselves to repent, and ask pardon of Heaven for their cruelties; or whether they are now groaning under the heavy consequences of them, in another state of being.
- I bethought myself to ask the rider whither - and I a mere beast!
More definitions of bethinkDefinition of bethink in:
- The US English dictionary