- 1The improvement of something: they believed that what they were doing was vital for the betterment of societyMore example sentences
- They show how huge projects worked for the betterment of society, both in a physical and psychological sense.
- I believe politics and politicians are vital to the betterment of society.
- It's not brought any betterment to the society as a whole.
- 1.1 Law The enhanced value of real property arising from local improvements.More example sentences
- The evidential burden of establishing betterment is on the defendant.
- Thus, there would be an issue of betterment if replacement value were awarded.
- That, in my judgement, involves betterment, since the defendants had given some warning about the lead.