Definition of betterment in English:
1The improvement of something: they believed that what they were doing was vital for the betterment of society
More example sentences
- They show how huge projects worked for the betterment of society, both in a physical and psychological sense.
- I believe politics and politicians are vital to the betterment of society.
- It's not brought any betterment to the society as a whole.
1.1 Law The enhanced value of real property arising from local improvements.
- The evidential burden of establishing betterment is on the defendant.
- Thus, there would be an issue of betterment if replacement value were awarded.
- That, in my judgement, involves betterment, since the defendants had given some warning about the lead.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan