Definition of betwixt in English:
archaic term for between.
- Having ridden the old bike over 20 years and 10,000 miles I didn't even have to think when and how to change gear and could slalom betwixt taxi and bus with graceful and flowing curves.
- We all know about pheromones, the chemicals that supposedly float betwixt us carrying certain messages, such as sexual availability.
- I hope that the following conversation betwixt some of my neighbours underscores my proposed scheme.
- betwixt and between
- informal Not fully or properly either of two things: the book seems betwixt and between—neither tall tale nor American historyMore example sentences
- Expectations are rising now, and people are kind of caught betwixt and between.
- Are you confident, or are you betwixt and between?
- In terms of immigration, the president is somewhat betwixt and between.
Pronunciation: /bɪˌtwɪkst (ə)n bɪˈtwiːn/
Words that rhyme with betwixtunmixed
Definition of betwixt in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.