Definition of betwixt in English:
archaic term for between.
- Having ridden the old bike over 20 years and 10,000 miles I didn't even have to think when and how to change gear and could slalom betwixt taxi and bus with graceful and flowing curves.
- We all know about pheromones, the chemicals that supposedly float betwixt us carrying certain messages, such as sexual availability.
- I hope that the following conversation betwixt some of my neighbours underscores my proposed scheme.
betwixt and between
- informal Not fully or properly either of two things: the book seems betwixt and between—neither tall tale nor American historyMore example sentences
- Expectations are rising now, and people are kind of caught betwixt and between.
- Are you confident, or are you betwixt and between?
- In terms of immigration, the president is somewhat betwixt and between.
Pronunciation: /bɪˌtwɪkst (ə)n bɪˈtwiːn/
Words that rhyme with betwixtunmixed
Definition of betwixt in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan