- A creamy sauce made with butter, onions, and vinegar or lemon juice, usually served with seafood dishes.More example sentences
- Hot starters are next with New Zealand mussels, a Brussels asparagus and a prawns ‘Symphony’ served with black caviar beurre blanc sauce and a curry rice tart.
- If that same marinated and sauteed piece of fish were finished with a beurre blanc or cream sauce, the butter or cream would be the bridge ingredient.
- The scallops are slightly pan-fried and served with a beurre blanc flavored with caramelized lemon peels.
French, literally 'white butter'.
More definitions of beurre blancDefinition of beurre blanc in:
- The US English dictionary