- A synchrotron used to accelerate protons to energies in the billion electronvolt range.More example sentences
- This decades-old machine has long since been surpassed by bevatrons and linear accelerators.
- The bevatron will strike far deeper into the atomic nucleus, where matter and energy lie closely twined together.
- In this article we shall first discuss the principles from which the bevatron is to be constructed and trace a cycle of operation of an ideal machine in some detail, and then go into the question of whether a real machine can be constructed which will approximate the ideal case closely enough.
More definitions of bevatronDefinition of bevatron in:
- The US English dictionary