(also bessie, bezzy)
British • informal
- Denoting a person’s best or closest friend: we’re practically bezzie mates Fiona’s my bezzy palMore example sentences
- Jack had reserved the seat for one of his bezzy friends.
- One of my bezzie pals from uni is getting married this August.
- He exhibits his stuff in a Bond Street gallery, owned by one of Prince Chaz's bezzy mates.
noun (plural bezzies or bessies)Back to top
- A person’s best or closest friend: she and Nadine used to be bezzies and even shared a flat find out how well you know your bessieMore example sentences
- Why am I not surprised that Carla wants to be bezzies?
- My bezzie's mum is getting married tomorrow.
- I'm going into town later with one of my bezzies.
1990s: colloquial alteration of best.
More definitions of bezzieDefinition of bezzie in:
- The US English dictionary