Definition of bhaji in English:
noun (plural bhajis or bhajia /ˈbɑːdʒɪә/)
1(In Indian cuisine) a small flat cake or ball of vegetables, fried in batter.
- Little stalls on wheels serve up ‘tiffin’: banana chips, grilled corn on the cob on a stick, vegetable bhajis, bel puri, little rice batter puffs with a stew of channa poured into them.
- Mixed Crispy Platter consists of two vegetable samosas, four vegetable spring rolls, two onion bhajis, homemade mango chutney, cucumber raita and a salad garnish.
- In the meantime, check out her restaurant for excellent curries, samosas, bhajis and, yes, pakora.
1.1An Indian dish of fried vegetables.
- We also ordered a mixed vegetable bhaji side dish plus a portion of pilau rice each.
- He went for special vegetable thali from the specialities menu, which consisted of a vegetable curry, mushroom bhaji, tarka dahl (a lentil dish) and vegetable pilau rice.
- I followed this with a karahai methi keema and a range of side dishes including saag paneer and brinjal bhaji which were simply sumptuous.
from Hindi bhājī 'fried vegetables'.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia