Definition of bhaji in English:
noun (plural bhajis or bhajia /ˈbɑːdʒɪә/)
1(In Indian cuisine) a small flat cake or ball of vegetables, fried in batter.
- Little stalls on wheels serve up ‘tiffin’: banana chips, grilled corn on the cob on a stick, vegetable bhajis, bel puri, little rice batter puffs with a stew of channa poured into them.
- Mixed Crispy Platter consists of two vegetable samosas, four vegetable spring rolls, two onion bhajis, homemade mango chutney, cucumber raita and a salad garnish.
- In the meantime, check out her restaurant for excellent curries, samosas, bhajis and, yes, pakora.
1.1An Indian dish of fried vegetables.
- We also ordered a mixed vegetable bhaji side dish plus a portion of pilau rice each.
- He went for special vegetable thali from the specialities menu, which consisted of a vegetable curry, mushroom bhaji, tarka dahl (a lentil dish) and vegetable pilau rice.
- I followed this with a karahai methi keema and a range of side dishes including saag paneer and brinjal bhaji which were simply sumptuous.
from Hindi bhājī 'fried vegetables'.