noun[mass noun] Hinduism
- Devotional worship directed to one supreme deity, usually Vishnu (especially in his incarnations as Rama and Krishna) or Shiva, by whose grace salvation may be attained by all regardless of sex, caste, or class. It is followed by the majority of Hindus today.More example sentences
- Consequently, the goal of all auspicious activities - karma, jnana, yoga and bhakti - is the Supreme Personality of Godhead.
- Saivism values both bhakti and yoga, devotional and contemplative sadhanas, or disciplines.
- They confess sins, do penance and engage in bhakti and karma yoga to raise consciousness.
More definitions of bhaktiDefinition of bhakti in:
- The US English dictionary