noun (plural bialys)US
- A flat bread roll topped with chopped onions.More example sentences
- I love bagels, but bialys are the real soul of that world.
- When in New York who can resist the chewy bialys and bagels?
- Polish Americans have, in addition to the sausage, also contributed staples to American cuisine, including the breakfast roll, bialys, the babka coffeecake, and potato pancakes.
Yiddish, from Białystok, where such bread was originally made.
More definitions of bialyDefinition of bialy in:
- The US English dictionary