1Having or relating to two axes.
- The damping functions were obtained by stress relaxation experiments under biaxial, planar and shear deformations.
- A limitation in virtually all planar biaxial studies of soft tissues has been the inability to include the effects of in-plane shear.
- Experimental testing under biaxial loading is generally the appropriate approach for properly evaluating the performance, assisting in the design, and understanding the material behavior of heater head components under complex stress states
1.1(Of crystals) having two optic axes, as in the orthorhombic, monoclinic, and triclinic systems.
- It is also monoclinic and biaxial positive.
- It has no cleavage or parting and is biaxial positive, nonpleochroic, and monoclinic.
- Liquid crystal researchers did manage to create the biaxial nematic state with complex, soapy mixtures, and with flat molecules tied to a long polymer chain.
- Example sentences
- Sheets of biaxially oriented polypropylene have been toughened by stretching them in two directions, causing the chainlike polymer molecules to line up along the same direction.
- These conductive buffered Ni tapes can be employed as long flexible substrates for biaxially aligned high-temperature superconductors.
- The company produces biaxially oriented polypropylene film using a unique 'bubble' process.
Words that rhyme with biaxialaxial, coaxial, triaxial
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: bi|axial
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.