- A small, decorative ornament or trinket: bibelots like snuffboxes and jewelled ostrich feather fansMore example sentences
- The Russian royal jeweller's name is now synonymous with ovoid objets d' art, as well as baubles and bibelots of mind-blowing beauty and breathtaking imagination.
- A profusion of lamps and sconces relieved the gloom, bathing in pink glow sofas, settees, armchairs, side tables, étagères, escritoires, bibelots, and curios the pair had collected.
- In addition to the chatelaine, a fan and a snuffbox were among the bibelots often carried by members of society.
late 19th century: from French, fanciful formation based on bel 'beautiful'.
More definitions of bibelotDefinition of bibelot in:
- The US English dictionary