- 1Relating to or contained in the Bible: the biblical account of creation biblical timesMore example sentences
- Thus, early accounts of human diversity were framed within the biblical story of the creation emphasizing the unity of human kind.
- The biblical parables of banquets are illustrations of such encounters.
- Honest and loving dialogue between churches is a biblical and evangelical imperative.
- 1.1Resembling the language or style of the Bible: there is a biblical cadence in the last words he uttersMore example sentences
- Perhaps that is why his testimony is full of language which has an almost biblical resonance.
- I did not mean for my poem to have any Biblical tone.
- The poem is mythical and biblical not only in its style but also in its sources.
- 1.2Very great; on a very large scale: we need rainfall of biblical proportions to bring us back to normalMore example sentences
- It may have been behind the worst climatic disaster of recent times, responsible for famine and death on a biblical scale.
- The country is now facing famine on a biblical scale.
- A battle of biblical proportions is brewing in full-size pickup trucks.
- More example sentences
- The first episode at least is entertaining and at times compelling television, even if it's not biblically accurate.
- The concept of gender relations as it was developed during the Reformation has become part of the history of ideas just as have traditional, biblically based assumptions about the age and the origin of the earth.
- It is easy to use, biblically focused, and, particularly for younger children, developmentally appropriate.
More definitions of biblicalDefinition of biblical in:
- The US English dictionary