Definition of bibliometrics in English:
plural noun[treated as singular]
Statistical analysis of books, articles, or other publications.
- His recent studies on bibliometrics and social network analysis are seminal and will be quoted for years to come.
- Domain analysis is able to unite different sub-disciplines such as bibliometrics, knowledge organization, information retrieval and information literacy.
- Develop site visit strategies to assess organizations globally using bibliometrics and other science and technology indicators.
- Example sentences
- The bibliographic details of the papers cited in 15 clinical guidelines, developed in and for the United Kingdom, were collated and analysed with applied bibliometric techniques.
- The bibliometric evidence thus leaves little doubt that a sizeable group of Englishmen had learned the core ideas of Protestantism very well indeed.
- On a list of journals within a particular research field, advocates of bibliometric indexes contend that a journal's impact factor will correlate well with the quality of research it publishes.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan