Having two colours: a male bicolour damselfish
More example sentences
- Dorsey's study focuses on bicolor damselfish populations and reproductive success at two different kinds of coral reef habitats in the Caribbean - a near-shore fringing reef on Barbados and a deep offshore reef in Grenada.
- Dorsey chose to work with the bicolor damselfish because they are not considered a threatened or endangered species.
- The colors cover the spectrum and there are solid as well as bicolor types.
A bicolour flower or breed.
- Some farmers cultivate bi-colour flowers like light yellow with maroon blotches, deep crimson-edged yellow, gold and red bicolour.
- Flowers of some red and blue large-flowered hybrids and the bicolors fade badly if they get too much sun and these should be planted in eastern exposures or partial shade.
- In recent years, breeders have introduced bicolors, usually a basic color with a white star.
bicoloured adjective& noun
- Example sentences
- Many cultivars have bicolored petals and a striking yellow center.
- Fabulous bright colors of red, pink, white, and purple, along with many bicolored varieties are some popular color choices of gardeners.
- She looked up and saw Mephisto, wise old Mephisto, watching her with patience in his bicoloured eyes.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: bi|col¦our
Definition of bicolour in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.