- (In church use) a prayer in the form of an invitation by a minister or leader to the congregation to pray about something.More example sentences
- By contrast, his bidding prayers and notices are warm and detailed, displaying a close knowledge of the people we are praying for, and dwelling specially and affectionately over the memory of the dead for whom the Mass is being offered.
- They both read lessons while the bidding prayers were led by the Roman Catholic Bishop and the High Sheriff of North Yorkshire.
- The readings and bidding prayers included participants from each of the drama groups.
More definitions of bidding prayerDefinition of bidding prayer in:
- The US English dictionary