- Denoting a lens having two parts each with a different focal length, one for distant vision and one for near vision.More example sentences
- The multiple vision lenses include bifocal lenses for near and distant vision.
- Three different designs for bifocal contact lenses exist: simultaneous, concentric and alternating vision.
- Alternatively, some people use varifocal or bifocal lenses in order to see objects clearly that are both close up and far away.
noun(bifocals) Back to top
- A pair of glasses with bifocal lenses.More example sentences
- I wear bifocals or reading glasses - can I still wear contact lenses?
- He put on a pair of glasses with clear, thick lenses that looked like bifocals.
- This new refractive procedure is capable of reducing or even eliminating the need for bifocals or reading glasses for certain categories of patients.
More definitions of bifocalDefinition of bifocal in:
- The US English dictionary