- A large group of musicians playing jazz or dance music: [as modifier]: the big-band soundMore example sentences
- This has a new big-band jazz score by Colin Towns, who conducts a rollicking performance by his own Mask Orchestra.
- Basie's is the sound that defined big-band jazz like no other.
- This was an amazing achievement, especially since it was during the peak of the big-band era, and amid the developing bebop craze, when small-band jazz was considered ‘old hat.’
More definitions of big bandDefinition of big band in:
- The US English dictionary