- A disease of blackcurrant bushes in which the buds become swollen due to the presence of gall mites.
More example sentences
- The mite is Cecidophyopsis ribis, family Eriophyidae
- Look to blackcurrants for ‘big bud’; pinch off infected buds and burn them.
- During the winter I renovated an old row of redcurrants, quite successfully it seems, but now I realise that I have inadvertently retained a blackcurrant bush that has big bud reversion.
- Always watch out for Big Bud in the Spring and pick off the bigger buds before the trouble gets a real hold.