noun[mass noun] Computing
- Data sets that are too large and complex to manipulate or interrogate with standard methods or tools: much IT investment is going towards managing and maintaining big dataMore example sentences
- The presentation will provide attendees with insight on how big data is being used to improve and personalize the shopping experience.
- Businesses will harness on-demand supercomputers for analysing growing volumes of big data.
- Open-source source platforms for big data have exploded in popularity.
More definitions of big dataDefinition of big data in:
- The US English dictionary