Conceited or arrogant: I’m trying not to get too big-headed
More example sentences
- I don't feel under the same pressure now but I don't want to get big-headed.
- He insulted me and accused me of being proud and big-headed.
- Life on the tightrope of politics is like a drug for those mad, brave or bigheaded enough to attempt it.
conceited, arrogant, boastful, cocky, cocksure, full of oneself, above oneself, self-important, immodest, swaggering, strutting;
vain, self-satisfied, self-congratulatory, pleased with oneself, self-loving, in love with oneself, self-admiring, self-regarding, smug, complacent
informal swollen-headed, too big for one's boots
- Example sentences
- Free of any pretension and big-headedness, it was one of the most engaging things I have ever seen on the stage, professional or amateur.
- I don't think there's a natural big-headedness about them.
- Some blurbs reveal big-headedness, others ignorance or hidden anxieties or secret wishes.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: big-headed
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.