Definition of big-headed in English:
Conceited or arrogant: I’m trying not to get too big-headed
More example sentences
- I don't feel under the same pressure now but I don't want to get big-headed.
- He insulted me and accused me of being proud and big-headed.
- Life on the tightrope of politics is like a drug for those mad, brave or bigheaded enough to attempt it.
conceited, arrogant, boastful, cocky, cocksure, full of oneself, above oneself, self-important, immodest, swaggering, strutting;
vain, self-satisfied, self-congratulatory, pleased with oneself, self-loving, in love with oneself, self-admiring, self-regarding, smug, complacent
informal swollen-headed, too big for one's boots
- Example sentences
- Free of any pretension and big-headedness, it was one of the most engaging things I have ever seen on the stage, professional or amateur.
- I don't think there's a natural big-headedness about them.
- Some blurbs reveal big-headedness, others ignorance or hidden anxieties or secret wishes.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.