adjective[attributive] North American • informal
- Constituting a major expense: big-ticket items such as cars, houses, and expensive vacationsMore example sentences
- Most of the major issues are on big-ticket items such as K - 12 education reform, job training and health funding.
- Taking precautionary measures can help you keep your car running smoothly and save on big-ticket expenses down the line.
- Some analysts wonder whether the feds might eventually ration big-ticket expenses.
More definitions of big-ticketDefinition of big-ticket in:
- The US English dictionary