Definition of big wheel in English:
1British A Ferris wheel.
- They had a carousel, a big wheel, children's rides, a big TV screen showing national events, a youth swing band, a calypso and skiffle band, a brass band and a dance exhibition and classes to learn the jitterbug, jive and skiffle.
- All the talk of a big wheel coming to York this summer reminds me of the time a young mum took her five-year-old son on the big wheel at the fairground.
- Does anybody else feel that the appropriate place for a big wheel is in a fairground rather than a modern shopping centre trying to improve its image?
2 North American term for bigwig.
- His father, Frank, Sr., was a big, confident man with an endless social life, a big wheel in local Republican politics.
- Guerrerro is a politician - he's a big wheel in the Log Cabin Republicans - and talked like one, for good and for ill.
- Adams is a big wheel in the parent group of Deloitte & Touche, heading up four areas of business with 3500 people reporting to him on an international basis.
Definition of big wheel in:
- US English dictionary