Definition of big wheel in English:
1British A Ferris wheel.
- They had a carousel, a big wheel, children's rides, a big TV screen showing national events, a youth swing band, a calypso and skiffle band, a brass band and a dance exhibition and classes to learn the jitterbug, jive and skiffle.
- All the talk of a big wheel coming to York this summer reminds me of the time a young mum took her five-year-old son on the big wheel at the fairground.
- Does anybody else feel that the appropriate place for a big wheel is in a fairground rather than a modern shopping centre trying to improve its image?
2 North American term for bigwig.
- His father, Frank, Sr., was a big, confident man with an endless social life, a big wheel in local Republican politics.
- Guerrerro is a politician - he's a big wheel in the Log Cabin Republicans - and talked like one, for good and for ill.
- Adams is a big wheel in the parent group of Deloitte & Touche, heading up four areas of business with 3500 people reporting to him on an international basis.
Definition of big wheel in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan