(also bighorn sheep)
noun (plural same or bighorns)
A stocky brown wild sheep with large horns, found in North America and NE Asia.
- Genus Ovis, family Bovidae: two species, in particular the American bighorn O. canadensis (also called mountain sheep), found chiefly in the Rocky Mountains
More example sentences
- Wild populations of bighorn mountain sheep are carefully managed in North America for hunters who want a chance to shoot a ram with a trophy set of horns.
- See wildlife such as bison, elk, mountain goats and bighorn sheep.
- You will see playful herds of antelope, moose and elk, bighorn sheep and bounding deer along with a plethora of smaller creatures carrying on their daily tasks unimpeded.
Definition of bighorn in:
- The US English dictionary