1A curve or recess in a coastline, river, or other geographical feature.
- Days after the accident, ABP issued a notice to pilots telling them they should avoid passing in bights - areas where rivers curve - and emphasising they should always clearly communicate their intentions to the pilots of other ships.
- The southern California bight region, Baja peninsula and waters offshore of central California are emerging as major regions of bluefin tuna residency.
- Couldn't see the mountains but Lake Taupo and the Taranaki bight were visible.
2A loop of rope.
- Then pull a bight of the top rope trough the initial loop, and continue to the end of the sling/cordelette.
- Pete finally settled on an arrangement that he was happy with, consisting of a butterfly and a long loop leading to a bowline on the bight.
- Personnel conducting any evolution that involves the use of ropes need to be aware of where they are standing at all times and avoid stepping into bights.
Words that rhyme with bightaffright, alight, alright, aright, bedight, bite, blight, bright, byte, cite, dight, Dwight, excite, fight, flight, fright, goodnight, height, ignite, impolite, indict, indite, invite, kite, knight, light, lite, might, mite, night, nite, outfight, outright, plight, polite, quite, right, rite, sight, site, skintight, skite, sleight, slight, smite, Snow-white, spite, sprite, tight, tonight, trite, twite, underwrite, unite, uptight, white, wight, wright, write
Definition of bight in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.