- Having or revealing an obstinate belief in the superiority of one’s own opinions and a prejudiced intolerance of the opinions of others: a bigoted group of reactionaries a bigoted articleMore example sentences
prejudiced, biased, partial, one-sided, sectarian, discriminatory; intolerant, narrow-minded, blinkered, illiberal, inflexible, uncompromising, fanatical, dogmatic, opinionated; racist, racialist, sexist, heterosexist, homophobic, anti-gay, chauvinistic, chauvinist, anti-Semitic, jingoistic; jaundiced, warped, twisted, distorted; French parti pris
- In walks your relocation consultant with a clip file, revealing an intolerant, homophobic, bigoted county commission.
- He was not a harmless old drunk, but a bigoted, racist reactionary who made a fortune from the oil industry.
- Anyone who disagrees with this philosophy is bigoted, biased, sexist, and/or closed-minded.
- More example sentences
- ‘Variation has, by medical bodies, been furiously denounced and then bigotedly adopted’.
- Notwithstanding, we do not instigate anyone to disobey their laws, or either bigotedly, blindly follow them.
- This government bigotedly ignored the fact that no one persons has monopoly over leadership and set the pace by kicking as many out to fill jobs novices just couldn't cope with in the first place.