noun[mass noun] Chemistry
- A crystalline compound with basic properties, made by condensation of two guanidine molecules.
More example sentences
- Chemical formula: NH(C(NH)(NH2))2
- Phenformin, another biguanide, was withdrawn from the market after a rate of 40 to 64 cases of lactic acidosis per 100,000 patient-years was reported.
- Metformin is the most common type of biguanide. c.
- Metformin, the only biguanide currently available in the United States, can be used alone or in combination with sulfonylureas.