Definition of bile in English:
1A bitter greenish-brown alkaline fluid which aids digestion and is secreted by the liver and stored in the gall bladder.
- The main function of the gallbladder is to store bile, a digestive fluid produced by the liver.
- The gallbladder is a small muscular sac located under the liver that stores bile secreted by the liver.
- The gall bladder receives bile from the liver, stores and concentrates it, and delivers it to the intestine as required.
2Anger, bitterness, or irritability: his response was full of bile and hatred
More example sentences
- Scratch the surface and all you'll find resentment, bitterness and bile!
- There's sheer anger and sheer angst, there's bile and hatred, there is loathing.
- I can feel anger and bile rising in me, rising up out of the years of desperation and hollow fury.
Definition of bile in:
- US English dictionary