- A certificate relating to the incidence of infectious disease on a ship or in the port from which it has sailed.More example sentences
- I got the bill of health signed, but don't you forget deary-Quinn's binnacle list.
- Vessels clearing from a foreign port to a port in the United States, or one of their dependencies, and touching at any port of the Canal Zone, or Panama or of Colon, Republic of Panama, shall not be required to obtain an additional bill of health under the quarantine rules and regulations of the Panama Canal.
- Any vessel leaving any port in the Philippine Islands for any port in the United States or its Dependencies shall obtain a bill of health from the quarantine officer when such officer is on duty.
a clean bill of health
- A declaration or confirmation that someone is healthy or that something is in good condition: a survey gave the property a clean bill of healthMore example sentences
- The data collected yesterday at ESA's European Space Operations Centre show that this delicate and risky manoeuvre proved harmless for all instruments on board and mission control specialists gave Huygens a perfect bill of health.
- And in other aspects, Bradford fits the bill of health for good fertility levels, having the fewest fast food outlets compared to other cities surveyed and the fewest amount of pubs, with only eight per 100,000 population.
- A clean bill of health for Grant Hill next fall would be nice, just to restore some of the hope in what is a near-hopeless conference.
More definitions of bill of healthDefinition of bill of health in:
- The US English dictionary