- A person possessing assets worth at least a billion pounds or dollars.More example sentences
- Melbourne is filling with tycoons, moguls, magnates, billionaires and mere millionaires.
- And there are multi-millionaires and billionaires earning hundreds of millions of dollars per year.
- Last year there were 497 billionaires with a net worth of 1.54 trillion dollars.
mid 19th century: from billion, on the pattern of millionaire.
More definitions of billionaireDefinition of billionaire in:
- The US English dictionary