Definition of bimanual in English:
Performed with both hands.
- I have my patients stand while I perform a bimanual examination and try to feel for Bartholin's gland enlargement, prolapse, cystocele, rectocele and tightening of the vaginal muscles on digital insertion.
- While performing the bimanual examination, levator ani muscle function can be evaluated by asking the patient to tighten her ‘vaginal muscles’ and hold the contraction as long as possible.
- Following visual inspection, the physician next performs a vaginal evaluation with one finger before performing the bimanual evaluation to minimize confusion arising from abdominal tenderness.
- Example sentences
- The investigators say that if clinicians are confident of findings obtained bimanually, little is likely to be gained by speculum examination.
- If the organ is bimanually palpable, it is a kidney since the spleen can't be palpated bimanually.
- We investigated a bimanually coordinated drawer pulling/reach and grasp task in 10 healthy volunteers.
Definition of bimanual in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India