Definition of bimanual in English:
Performed with both hands.
- I have my patients stand while I perform a bimanual examination and try to feel for Bartholin's gland enlargement, prolapse, cystocele, rectocele and tightening of the vaginal muscles on digital insertion.
- While performing the bimanual examination, levator ani muscle function can be evaluated by asking the patient to tighten her ‘vaginal muscles’ and hold the contraction as long as possible.
- Following visual inspection, the physician next performs a vaginal evaluation with one finger before performing the bimanual evaluation to minimize confusion arising from abdominal tenderness.
- bimanually adverb
- Example sentences
- The investigators say that if clinicians are confident of findings obtained bimanually, little is likely to be gained by speculum examination.
- If the organ is bimanually palpable, it is a kidney since the spleen can't be palpated bimanually.
- We investigated a bimanually coordinated drawer pulling/reach and grasp task in 10 healthy volunteers.
Definition of bimanual in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.