Definition of binary coded decimal in English:
noun[mass noun] Electronics
1A system for coding a number in which each digit of a decimal number is represented individually by its binary equivalent.
- Naturally, it would be easy to design a special circuit for the binary coded decimal arithmetic.
- We have many types of switch products that provide binary coded decimal output available.
- The name of any data type stored and manipulated in decimal digits at the binary level is binary coded decimal or BCD for short.
1.1 [count noun] A number represented using the binary coded decimal system.
- This is illustrated in FIG.1 wherein six digits of binary coded decimals are recorded for a specific frame.
- In its 1972 Gottschalk v. Benson decision, the U.S. Supreme Court ruled that an innovative method for transforming binary coded decimals into pure binary form could not be patented, even
- When John wrote 1,900 years ago, he did not know anything about the binary number system, computers, or why computers would require binary coded decimals.
Definition of binary coded decimal in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan