- (In farming) strong cord made from plastic or natural fibre, used in a baling machine to tie hay and straw bales.More example sentences
- Group purchasing of carload lots of salt, binder twine, fertilizer and coal in earlier days has given way to sophisticated manufacturing and application of crop protectants, fertilizers, feeds and fuels.
- These were dairy heifer calves, but we would only buy perhaps a couple at a time. The dealer used to put each calf in a strong hesian bag stitched up with binder twine around the calf's neck so as to leave its head out.
- What he used to do was after he had seen a thresher at work he would ask the farmers for permission to collect the discarded binder twine that had been cut from the sheaves of corn before they were fed into the threshing drum.
More definitions of binder twineDefinition of binder twine in:
- The US English dictionary