nounUS • informal
- A tramp.More example sentences
- The bindlestiffs of that era had a very strong network and used their unified power to demand fair wages and social treatment.
- From their own point of view, the critics were right: Rhode Island was a cesspool of malcontents, outcasts, bindlestiffs and religious mavericks who were welcome nowhere else.
- From 1919 to 1925, when he finally left Stanford without taking a degree, Steinbeck dropped in and out of the University, sometimes to work closely with migrants and bindlestiffs on California ranches.
More definitions of bindlestiffDefinition of bindlestiff in:
- The US English dictionary