- A heap, especially of metallic ore or of waste from a mine.More example sentences
- It must be the worst place I have ever visited - especially the scenic bauxite bings.
- Kenny Kemp found that for Andy Mooney, the shale bings of East Lothian were just a short hop from Disney courtesy of a pair of Air Jordans.
- There is an attractive new orchid known as Young's Helleborine found growing among the scrub on derelict pit bings.
early 16th century: from Old Norse bingr 'heap'.
- Indicating a sudden action or event: then, bing, the lights went onMore example sentences
- And so we have something that's almost like automatic speaking, speaking in tongues, connected - bing!
- It usually accumulates into a popping sound - and when that happens - bing, you're astral baby.
- Then bing bang boom it hit every one of the myro's that was near us.
late 19th century: (originally dialect in the sense 'sudden bang'): imitative.