Adapted for or using both eyes: a binocular microscope
More example sentences
- This would be the bird remains, after cleaning the feathers in Xylene and mounting the fragments on a microscope slide, using my Nikon binocular microscope, I could tell what the bird was.
- When the plants flowered, buds of different developmental stages were removed from the main inflorescence and the petals were dissected from the flower bud under a binocular microscope.
- He was exempted from military service because of a detached retina, and later in his career, when binocular microscopes became the norm, people puzzled why he was happy to still use a monocular one.
- Example sentences
- In the group with 6/12 binocular vision, five had uniocular acuities of 6/9 but managed only 6/12 binocularly and two had uniocular acuities of 6/18 but achieved the higher standard binocularly.
- Rats were prepared to be binocularly deprived in a fashion similar to the methods mentioned above.
- The observers viewed the display binocularly under conditions of either clockwise or counterclockwise rotation of the annulus.
Words that rhyme with binocularjocular, ocular
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: bin|ocu¦lar
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.