- An adhesive substance produced by or obtained from living organisms, or used on living tissue: there is a significant need for a suitable bioadhesive for use in medical proceduresMore example sentences
- This is going to need stitches but I can do the rest with bioadhesive.
- J. Herbert Waite, of the University of Delaware in Lewes reported on the role of marine bioadhesives and their tantalizing spectrum of potential technical applications.
- At the moment, there is a significant need of a suitable bioadhesive for use in medical procedures.
adjectiveBack to top
- Having the properties of a bioadhesive: bioadhesive polymersMore example sentences
- In other words, chitosan is bioadhesive and readily binds to negatively charged surfaces such as mucosal membranes.
- A bioadhesive tablet containing the antifungal drug miconazole is an effective and convenient means of treating oropharyngeal candidiasis.
- We found that the daily bioadhesive buccal tablet achieved the same efficacy as the gel, but required one-tenth as much miconazole, and could be given on a much more convenient schedule.
More definitions of bioadhesiveDefinition of bioadhesive in:
- The US English dictionary