- Measurement of the concentration or potency of a substance by its effect on living cells or tissues: it was determined by bioassay [count noun]: the use of bioassays and toxicity testsMore example sentences
- A bioassay was developed to measure specific yolk protein synthesis in vitro.
- In addition, a simple and efficient in vitro regeneration bioassay was developed for the preliminary screening of transgenic lines against a pathogenic fungus.
- This bioassay provides a measure that is precise and repeatable, but more importantly reflects the ecological context of TTX intoxication.
More definitions of bioassayDefinition of bioassay in:
- The US English dictionary