Definition of biochemical in English:
Relating to the chemical processes and substances which occur within living organisms.
- Waste in landfills decays in physical, chemical, and biochemical processes that may eventually render it environmentally harmless.
- All other biochemical parameters were processed within the hospital's laboratory routine service.
- Together, these two processes constitute metabolism, the sum of the biochemical processes in an organism.
nounBack to top
A biochemical substance.
- Sulfur is an important nutrient for organisms, as it is a key constituent of certain amino acids, proteins, and other biochemicals.
- True essential oils, on the other hand, are a complex mix of the plant's hormones, nutrients and biochemicals.
- Pert states that peptides and other informational substances are the biochemicals of emotion.
- Example sentences
- Scientists have known for some time that plants were able to respond biochemically to a wide range of environmental stimuli.
- These endorphins are biochemically responsible for the pleasurable aspects of social interactions and social affect, and are related to attachment.
- Patients with biochemically severe hypothyroidism may present with only mild clinical manifestations, whereas some patients with moderate changes in thyroid hormones may present with severe signs of tissue hypothyroidism.
Definition of biochemical in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia