- (Especially of material used in surgical implants) not harmful or toxic to living tissue.More example sentences
- In recent years, PIP has helped develop titanium-coated breast implants, which it says makes the implants more biocompatible.
- The implantable materials are biocompatible, non-biodegradable implants which are designed for stabilization in soft tissue through the ingrowth of fibrous tissue after implantation.
- Implants are biocompatible - meaning they're designed to be accepted by your body - and they're made to resist corrosion, degradation and wear.
- More example sentences
- Nitinol provides shape memory, high elasticity, biocompatibility, and MRI compatibility.
- The material has passed the ISO 10993-1 biocompatibility test for medical implants.
- The present work, showed that the white clay had good biocompatibility when implanted into the craniofacial bones of dogs.
More definitions of biocompatibleDefinition of biocompatible in:
- The US English dictionary