- short for biological control.More example sentences
- Thus, it can be concluded that UV-blocking films work in favor of pest management by discouraging pest colonization while sustaining the activities of some important natural enemies used in the biocontrol of insect pests.
- Competition between rhizosphere bacteria and fungal pathogens for nutrients has also been identified as a biocontrol mechanism.
- Euglandina rosea, the rosy wolf snail, is a predatory snail that was introduced as a biocontrol agent for A. fulica in Hawaii and other locations outside the continental United States.
More definitions of biocontrolDefinition of biocontrol in:
- The US English dictionary