Definition of biodegradable in English:
(Of a substance or object) capable of being decomposed by bacteria or other living organisms and thereby avoiding pollution: consumers have forced a shift to more biodegradable products
More example sentences
- If the consumer is involved in purchasing recyclable products, using biodegradable ingredients, points are added.
- The vegetable wax is biodegradable, and no synthetic fragrances are added to the essential oils.
- And what happened to the fashion fad for biodegradable packaging?
- Example sentences
- Polymers DotCom has the following to say on the biodegradability of plastics.
- But false claims of biodegradability in the past and a lack of a widely accepted and credible degradability standard have undercut the public's trust.
- They are of benefit to wildlife as they ensure land is kept in a natural state and they adhere to sound ecological values like recycling and biodegradability.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.