- Produced or brought about by living organisms: biogenic sedimentsMore example sentences
- Pelagic biogenic sediments consist of the fine-grained skeletal debris of marine planktonic and benthonic organisms.
- Carbon occurs in marine sediments as organic carbon linked with metabolic processes of plants and animals, and as carbon contained within biogenic and abiogenic carbonate minerals.
- In terms of biomass, organic carbon fixation, space occupation, and biogenic habitat, kelps are the dominant reef-inhabiting organisms in cool seas, especially in the Northern Hemisphere.
More definitions of biogenicDefinition of biogenic in:
- The US English dictionary