- 1Relating to biology or living organisms.More example sentences
- IBM has unveiled an ambitious initiative to develop technologies that share the basic biological abilities of living organisms.
- This heavy metal has no known biological function in living organisms.
- Biotechnology is the use of living organisms or biological substances to discover or produce therapeutic remedies.
- 1.1(Of a detergent or other cleaning product) containing enzymes to assist the process of cleaning.More example sentences
- Use biological washing powder to clean your roasting tins: sprinkle in a cup of powder, add warm water and leave to soak for an hour
- Biological cleaning solutions, being natural and generally harmless, are very safe to use meaning cleaning staff are protected during general use and in the event of accidental spillages
- The pre-treatment and/or post-treatment baths are compatible with the biological cleaning bath and during operation of the system, the used pre-treatment and/or post-treatment baths are recycled to the biological cleaning solution for biodegradation.
- 1.2Relating to or involving the use of microorganisms or toxins of biological origin as weapons of war.More example sentences
- Chemical toxins differ from biological weapons in that they are nonliving pathogens and require direct infection and contact with the victim.
- To reduce the severity and extent of war if it does break out, for example by limiting possession and use of nuclear and chemical and biological weapons.
- This element is the presence of weapons of mass destruction, WMD, which includes chemical, toxin, biological, and nuclear weapons.
- 2(Of a parent or child) related by blood; natural: his biological motherMore example sentences
- And the mother and father, the biological parents of this baby were in the wind but the grandparents lived in New Jersey.
- Scientists are to carry out the first British experiments on human embryos that would create a baby with three biological parents - two mothers and a father.
- Parenting is separated from sexuality in a way that it is not for heterosexual parents with biological children.
noun(usually biologicals) Back to top
- A substance of biological origin used as a drug, vaccine, pesticide, etc.: a wide spectrum of biologicals are produced from animal cells in cultureMore example sentences
- Pass-Through Codes are temporary codes for which hospital outpatient departments receive payments in addition to the APC rate for certain biologicals, drugs, and innovative medical devices.
- The Merck index: an encyclopedia of chemicals, drugs & biologicals.
- The MMA changed the payment rates for many drugs, biologicals, and services.
- More example sentences
- I know addiction is biologically based, but I still wonder what it's like to go down that path.
- However… an impersonal relationship is not a biologically human one.
- Some sex differences will always endure, being biologically founded; but many will not, having social roots.