noun[treated as singular]
- The study of mechanical systems that function like living organisms or parts of living organisms.More example sentences
- He's got a degree in economics, maths, physics and bionics.
- But the next level of integration is bionics (bio-mechanics), in which the body talks to the machine, actually giving the artificial part its cue to function.
- Alex is a millionaire pursuing some revolutionary advances in the field of bionics (the movie is smart enough to laugh at the notion, citing the old Six Million Dollar Man).
More definitions of bionicsDefinition of bionics in:
- The US English dictionary